Whoooo is ready for Fall and Owl Cupcakes?
Whooooo is ready for fall? I am! I am!
Fall is my favorite season of the year. Cool nights, warm days, changing foliage, apple cider.
There is just something about fall that makes me OK with saying goodbye to summer but yet not ready to say hello to winter.
Mums, scarecrows, pumpkins, caramel apples, Oktoberfest.
Football games, soup, sweaters, apple orchards, vineyards.
The only thing that would make fall better is if it stayed light outside past 7 p.m. so I could enjoy it even more.
What’s your favorite season?
I saw these owl cupcakes ALL over Pinterest and those big bug eyes were begging for me to make them. They are a little hard to display so I just used various sizes of canning jars, filled them with real and fake leaves and some twigs. They would make a cute display on a table for any fall gathering.
Your favorite cupcake recipe
1 – 2 packages regular or double stuff Oreos or a store brand
Brown M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces
Orange sunflower seeds or Tic Tac
1. Bake cupcakes according to directions. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
2. When cupcakes are cool, start making the eyes.
3. Separate Oreos. My cookies came apart very easily, but if they are coming apart hard, you can warm them in the microwave for 5 – 6 seconds and they should come apart.
4. Once you have the Oreos separated, use a little dab of frosting to attach the M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces.
5. Generously frost your cupcakes.
6. Place two eyes onto the cupcake.
7. Place the orange sunflower seed on for the nose.
8. Use a toothpick to make the ears. Just swipe the toothpick in an upward motion where you’d like the ears to go.