School Bus Cupcakes for the Bus Drivers
School starts in less than 2 weeks. YIPEE!
It’s been a fun summer but we are ready for a regular routine. Or should I say, I’m ready for a regular routine.
Soon, a fleet of school buses will be picking up kids, taking them to school and bringing them home.
In honor of all bus drivers everywhere, who get our kids to and from school safely, and who have probably one of the hardest jobs in the world, these cupcakes are for you.
If you’d like to see a video on how these are made, just click on the video below and watch Jen, Bill, and I make them on WKBT’s News 8 This Morning show.
Idea found on Pinterest and I could not find the original source. Great idea whoever came up with it although they used wafer cookies instead of graham crackers. Use whichever is easiest to find.
School Bus Cupcakes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
1 – 12 ounce can of Betty Crocker Whipped Frosting, white
Green food coloring
Blue food coloring
Black decorating gel
Red candy pearls
White candy pearls
1. Split the frosting into 2 bowls. Color one with blue, the other with green.
2. Frost half of a cupcake with blue, the other half with green. Continue until all cupcakes are frosted.
3. Break the graham crackers into 8 pieces.
4. With one of the 8 pieces, gently cut with a serrated knife about ¾” lengthwise into the cracker right down the center.
5. Then gently cut from the short side in.
6. Some crackers may crack in the wrong places so have extra on hand.
7. With black decorating gel, put on the bus details.
8. Place a white candy pearl up front for the light. A red candy pearl on for the side for the stop sign.
9. Place the bus onto the cupcake right in the middle.
10. Put 2 chocolate chips on for the wheels.
11. Put a small drop of black decorating gel on each chocolate chip. Place the white candy pearl on the gel to finish the tire look.