Individual Oreo Cheesecakes
I was planning on getting this posted yesterday but from the photo below – can you guess what I was doing instead?
Yup – getting stuck in a 3 foot snow drift in the road. Needless to say, it put my timeline into a tail spin. But, we got out with some very helpful neighbors and the township grater. It was the only thing that could move all the snow to get to me and the only thing heavy enough that wouldn’t spin and spin and spin on the snowy road.
I know, we shouldn’t have been out in the blizzard but I caved to my teenage daughter’s request to go to the store. Our road was clear and I had forgotten how the other roads drift and let me tell you, there were drifts. They have warnings for a reason. I’ll listen next time. Really! And not cave to my daughter’s requests. Really!
That same daughter who talked me into braving the storm loves these and her friends LOVE these things too, so I’m surprised it has taken me this long to share this recipe with you. I know I shared it on my Sugar Buzz Pantry site a long time ago but it is so worthy of Stop Lookin’ Get Cookin’!
These are individual size cheesecakes so they are perfect for a party or for portion control and take half the time to make. BONUS!!!
So if you have your holiday desserts all planned out already, don’t worry, you can make these anytime. Cheesecake lovers are not going to care whether it’s Christmas, New Year’s or a Thursday. Enjoy!
Individual Oreo Cheesecakes
Yield: 24 cheesecakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 - 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 - 40 minutes
30 Oreo cookies, 24 left whole, 6 crushed
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs, room temperature and lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners. Place an Oreo inside each liner.
3. Place 6 whole Oreo cookies in a food processor and grind them up or if you don’t have a food processor, put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until fine. Set aside until later.
4. Beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth with a mixer. A stand mixer works best but a hand mixer will do the same job.
5. Add sugar to the cream cheese and mix on medium speed until combined.
6. Slowly add in the two eggs and continue mixing.
7. Add in sour cream and mix to combine the ingredients.
8. Mix in vanilla extract.
9. Once the ingredients are mixed together, scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure all of the ingredients are combined.
10. Add Oreo crumbs and stir to combine.
11. Fill each cupcake liner with the cheesecake batter, almost to the top.
12. Bake at 275 for 20 - 25 minutes. Each oven will be different. For best results, rotate pans halfway through baking time.
13. When done, completely cool cheesecakes on a cooling rack. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Yum! Looks good. No one else in my house eats cheesecake, so they’d be all for ME!
OMG, these look delicious. I am definitely going to try them. Thanks for sharing.
These are so good, but I only got 16 little cheesecakes out of this recipe. Then I thought they needed a little something so I topped them off with a little hot fudge sauce. They were delicious!
My favorite magazine is Good Housekeeping, but if i win your giveaway I think it would be Food & Fun For Kids Yum for Kids.
P.S. I love seeing you with Jen & Bill on News Channel 8 in the morning.