So these cute Halloween themed pretzels are very easy to do. For the basic directions on how to make these pretzels, check out my post on the ladybug, duck, bunny and PacMan pretzels I’ve made before.
But today I have something MUCH more important to talk about than pretzels.
It’s the Case of the Missing Pillow Case.
Seriously, I need to get Nate the Great or Castle in on this one. We have a missing pillow case and it’s driving me nuts!
It all started earlier this week when I went to wash ALL of the bedding.
I had the kids bring ALL of their bedding to the mud room so I could wash it.
I threw it all into the washer and then into the dryer.
And when I took it ALL out, we were missing one of my daughter’s pillow cases.
Now I looked inside the fitted sheets. I looked inside the flat sheets. I even looked inside every stinkin’ pillow case that was in the dryer with it. There is no blue pillow case to be found.
I’ve checked the crack in between the washer and dryer. I checked bedding I didn’t even wash. I checked the lint filter. You never know!
We’ve checked her entire room – under the bed, under the shoes, under the bags, under the blankets, etc. This is such a conundrum that I just don’t know what to do.
I’m about 95% sure I saw 2 of these pillow cases in the washer when we started. My daughter swears she brought it ALL up. But we can’t find it.
So if you see a light blue pillow case wandering around looking for its mate, please let me know. It’s driving me nuts!
Has anyone else every lost anything in the wash other than socks? Oh and we still are missing a pair of black pants from 2 years ago.
Oh – and don’t forget I have the SpiceStack giveaway going on through Sunday, Oct. 14. You know you need one so enter now!
If you can’t find the candy eyes or Americolor markers in the store, feel free to shop my Amazon store for them.
Halloween Pretzels - Jack-o-lantern, ghost and mummy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 - 30 minutes set time
Total Time: 25 - 40 minutes
This recipe is easy to make and fun for kids of all ages to participate in.
1 pound bag of candy coating will do at least 45 - 50 small twist pretzels. It really depends on how much chocolate you put into the pretzel and the size of your pretzels.
Items Needed Nonstick Mat
Twist Pretzels – any size
Candy Coating - I like CandyQuick or Merkens best – white and orange
• Green Mike and Ikes candy cut in half or a green Tic Tak
• Royal Icing eyes
• Edible Markers – Americolor Edible Markers work best on chocolate
1. Place pretzels on a Nonstick Mat.
2. Melt candy coating according to package directions.
3. Once candy coating is melted, spoon a small amount inside each pretzel until the holes are filled for the jack-o-lantern and ghost. For the mummy, take a spoon or fork and drizzle the candy coating back and forth on it.
4. For the jack-o-lantern – place the stem on while the candy coating is wet. Once it has set, use your black Americolor Marker to make the face.
5. For the ghost – Place the eyes on before the candy coating sets.
6. For the mummy – place the eyes on before the candy coating sets.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks – if they last that long.