Quick Summer Meal – Asparagulicious Chicken Salad
We are down to the last two Quick Summer Meals and this one was chosen because it was very different from the rest. I liked that it could be served as a sandwich, on a bed of lettuce or as our winner Tatia from Rancho Cordova, CA suggested, on some garlic French bread.
I will keep this recipe tucked away for next spring when we have fresh asparagus from our neighbors’ farm. It would be a very nice ladies luncheon meal and since its fast, even the busiest of us can make it.
For being this week’s winner, Tatia will receive the 3 cup measuring colander. This is another Chef’s Planet product that I don’t have but is on my wish list. I know of so many times that I would use this item. How many days until Christmas???
So join me next week to see who is the last Quick Summer Meals Contest Winner and then the fun begins. You get to vote for your favorite Quick Summer Meal. The meal with the most votes receives ONE of EVERYTHING that Chef’s Planet has given away over the course of this contest. That’s over $215 worth of great kitchen products. Plus, everyone who entered a recipe into the contest will be put into a random drawing for a great Bakeware Set from Chef’s Planet. Winners will be announced on Monday, August 27.
Have a great weekend and we’ll see you back here next week!
Asparagulicious Chicken Salad
Yield: 6 salads
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1 small loaf french bread, sliced
1 rotisserie chicken
2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
Bacon (I use a pound, but you can use less)
1 small red onion, thinly sliced into 1/4 moons
1- 8 oz container feta cheese
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 teaspoons good aged balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 to 2 garlic cloves
1. Slice asparagus spears into three and blanch for 1 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove immediately to ice bath. I use a salad spinner to remove as much water as possible.
2. In large skillet, cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry til crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
3. While bacon is cooking, pull chicken from bones and tear into bite size pieces.
4. In large bowl, add chicken, bacon, asparagus, red onion, and feta cheese.
5. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, both mustards, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour over ingredients in large bowl and toss to combine well.
6. Transfer to plates to serve right away, or cover and refrigerate.
7. To serve on French bread, drizzle olive oil over bread and toast until crisp. Rub all over with clove of garlic. Serve garlic toast alongside your Asparagulcious Chicken Salad 😉
Makes 6 salads
Tatia from Rancho Cordova, CA