Some Friday Fun – A Marshmallow Family
Yipee, yippee! We got snow! We got snow! It’s not the fun kind of snow you can play in and build snow forts or snowmen with but – its snow!
So instead, we’ll stay inside and build our own snow family. Easy enough for anyone of any age and anywhere to make.
- Marshmallows – large and small
- Toothpicks – to attach the marshmallows together
- Cookie Treat Sticks – take a paper towel and dab a little bit of shortening on it and run it up and down the stick. It helps the marshmallows slide on better.
- Edible Markers – to draw faces and accents
- Accessories for the scarf and hats – I used a miniature peanut butter cup for dad’s hat. I used a black candy melt for the boy’s hat and put a small snowflake accent on top for the tassel. For mom, I didn’t have an fruit roll ups or licorice in the house so I gave her a regular ribbon scarf.
- Styrofoam block to hold the completed marshmallows in.
Optional – if you don’t want to put them on sticks, just use toothpicks to hold the body together.
What kind of fun things would you decorate your snow family with? Happy Friday!