Magical Disappearing Brownie Ball Snowmen
Remember those brownies I botched last week. My friend Mikki gave me the idea to make brownie balls and dip them into chocolate. This reminded me of an idea I saw online where you take brownie balls and make them into snow boys and snow girls! So that is what I did. I made magical snow people. They are magical because they won’t melt BUT they will disappear.
You could easily make this treat with cake balls if you like. I do have to say that using the fudgy brownie mix was much easier though. With the cake balls you have to make sure you get just the right amount of frosting and keep them cold. With the brownies they are just the perfect consistency and they can be dipped either cold or room temperature but they do dip easier when they are on the cooler rather than the warmer side.
Moral of this story – even a mistake can turn into something delicious and cute and fun to make. I may just have to botch a batch of brownies again! Now, abracadabra! Hey – where’d they go? Did you eat them already? I told you they’d disappear.
Brownie Ball Snowmen
Yield: 35 - 40, 1" Brownie Balls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: Set Time - 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
• Prepared Family Size Fudgy Brownie Mix made according to package
• 1 pound bag of white candy melts
• 40 – 6 - 8” cookie treat sticks
• Black Edible Pearls
• Orange Colored Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds
• Edible Markers
1. When brownies are cool, break them apart into bite sized pieces.
2. Roll into 1 inch balls.
3. Chill for 20 minutes.
4. Stack 2 or 3 brownie balls onto cookie treat stick.
5. Melt candy melts in a Candy Melter or a microwave safe container.
6. Dip brownie balls into melted white candy melts.
7. Let excess candy drip off.
8. Set on nonstick mat or parchment paper to set.
9. Place accents on snowmen before candy sets.
10. Let snowman set for at least 20 minutes. It may take longer depending on the temperature and humidity level in your room.
11. Use an Edible Marker to make any designs needed to snowmen. I used the black marker to make eyebrows and eyelashes.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.