Guess what? I’ve gone and done it. I’ve started this blog – finally!
Even though I’m known best for my sweet tooth, you won’t just find all yummy, delicious, calorie filled sweet treats here. Nope. You are also going to get some good ole’ fashioned cooking out of me too. Even though dessert is my favorite part of ANY meal, I decided my waistline couldn’t handle a blog just about a meal’s sweet ending.
I love appetizers and side dishes and beverages and meat and potatoes (oh yummy, butter drenched potatoes). I guess I like almost any food – except peas – especially cooked, creamed peas. YUCK! Just ask my mom.
The recipes will come from many places. I’ll be making some up but don’t be surprised if you see a guest chef. I have crazy family and awesome friends who make the most wonderful food and I’ll be asking them to share their recipes with all of us.
Also, if I find a recipe and adapt it to meet the taste I’m looking for; I’ll share my source with you. It’s only fair. After all, this whole blog idea came about after looking at the cupboard full of recipes I have but have never tried. I’m sure you can relate.
Each day of the week will be something different. There will be main dishes and side dishes and appetizers and drinks and desserts plus tips and cool finds and photos and oh, did I mention random thoughts yet. I have lots of those.
- Mmmm Monday will kick us off with a recipe.
- Tuesday’s Treats or Tips will be a sweet treat recipe or a tip I’ve found useful.
- One Word Wednesday will be one word that describes Thursday’s recipe or Wordless Wednesday may be a photo of something that inspires me or a photo of the next day’s recipe.
- Thursday can be almost anything. Thirsty Thursday, a drink recipe; Thursday’s Thoughts, random thoughts in my head (could be interesting); or Thrifty Thursday, where I share a good deal or idea to save us money.
- Friday wraps it up with a Friday Find where I share a recipe, a blog, a website or a cool idea I’ve come across or it may be a Friday Four where I list four things that go together real well. So Friday is kind of a Free For All.
If you are new to blogs, WARNING, they can sometimes be addicting. I hope mine is addicting for you. You can check back every day for my new post or you can easily subscribe by RSS feed or receive the new post in your email inbox just by signing up for this free service. Of course you can follow me on facebook and once I figure out why Twitter is so darn popular and research what it can do for me, I’ll be there too.
So come along with me on this adventure. Now, stop lookin’ and let’s get cookin’!